Men's Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 to be hosted in Lucknow
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) on 7 June 2016 announced that men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 will be played in the Indian city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
The men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 will be played between 8 December and 18 December 2016.
The event will feature 16 of the world’s best junior men’s teams. The qualified teams are Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Egypt, England, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan and Spain.
The women’s Hockey Junior World Cup will take place in Santiago, Chile between 24 November 2016 and 4 December 2016.
About Hockey Junior World Cup
• The Hockey Junior World Cup is an international field hockey competition organised by the International Hockey Federation.
• The tournament was started in 1979.
• Since 1985, it has been held every four years.
• Competitors must be under the age of 21 as of 31 December in the year before the tournament is held.
• Germany is the most successful team, having won the tournament six times.
• Argentina, Australia, India and Pakistan have each won the tournament once.