Great Hindi writer Mudrarakshasa took his last breath
Distinguished Hindi writer, activist, thinker and cultural personality Mudrarakshasa passed away on 13 June 2016 following a prolonged illness in Lucknow. He was 82.
• Born in Behta near Lucknow in 1931, He graduated from Lucknow University and was then employed as Assistant Editor of Gyanodaya that was published from Calcutta from 1955 to 1958.
• He was the editor of Anuvrata, a Calcutta based magazine.
• He worked as Editor at All India Radio from 1962 to 1976.
• His works of theatrical criticism includes Rang Bhumikayen and a book on Nemichandra Jain.
• He has about thirty stage productions to his credit.