Othmer Gold Medal awarded to Mukesh Ambani for entrepreneurial leadership
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani was on 17 May 2016 awarded with the prestigious Othmer Gold Medal for his entrepreneurial leadership by the United States based Chemical Heritage Foundation.
Ambani was presented the award by Carsten Reinhardt, President & CEO of Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) during the occasion of the Heritage Day of CHF at Philadelphia, United States of America.
Why was Ambani awarded with the prestigious Othmer Gold Medal for Entrepreneurial Leadership?
He was awarded for his entrepreneurial leadership that has resulted in:
• Expansion of India’s petroleum refining industry
• Creation of the Jamnagar Refinery in Gujarat – the largest grassroots petroleum refinery in the world
• Path-breaking initiatives in oil and gas exploration.
About Othmer Gold Medal for Entrepreneurial Leadership
• The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) established the Othmer Gold Medal in 1997 to honour outstanding individuals who have made multifaceted contributions to chemical and scientific heritage.
• The medal commemorates Donald Othmer (1904–1995), a noted researcher, editor, engineer, inventor, philanthropist and co-editor of the Kirk-Othmer Encyclopaedia of Chemical Technology.
• The medal is presented annually and co-sponsored by the CHF and its four affiliated organisations- American Chemical Society (ACS), the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), The Chemists’ Club, and the Societe de Chimie Industrielle (American Section).