Lewis Hamilton emerged victorious at 2016 Canada Grand Prix of Formula 1
Mercedes racing driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain on 12 June 2016 won the Formula 1 Canada Grand Prix title.
To win the title, he overcame Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel in the final race held in Montreal, Canada.
For Hamilton, the present win in Montreal was the fifth in his career and the second in a row. His previous titles were secured in 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2015.
In the 2016 season, it was the second title for him as he already secured the Monaco Grand Prix on 29 May 2016.
Overall, he has more race victories than any other British driver in the history of Formula One and is currently third on the all-time wins list, with 45 wins.
About Lewis Hamilton
• He is a British Formula One racing driver from England.
• He currently races for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team.
• He is the 2008, 2014 and 2015 Formula One World Champion.
• In his first season in Formula One, he set numerous records while finishing second in the 2007 Formula One Championship.
• He won the World Championship the following season, becoming the then-youngest Formula One world champion in history before Sebastian Vettel broke the record two years later.
• Following his second world title in 2014, he was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
• In 2015, he became the first British driver in history to win consecutive F1 titles.
• He is the only driver in the history of the sport to have won at least one race in each season he has competed to date.