Benefits from the use of Surya Mitra Mobile App
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal launched Surya Mitra mobile App at National Workshop on Rooftop Solar Power in New Delhi on 7 June 2016.
The App will be very useful in the field of Renewable energy to serve customers at their doorsteps with quality installation, repair, and Observations and Measurements (O&M) services.
About Surya Mitra Mobile App
• The Mobile App was developed by National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) which is an autonomous institution of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE).
• It is a high end technology platform that can handle thousands of calls simultaneously and can efficiently monitor all visits of Suryamitra’s.
• The trained Suryamitra’s who opts for entrepreneurship have joined in the Mobile App in several states.
• These Suryamitras are once again sensitized by NISE on soft skills Customer Relations Management, Punctuality and are now ready to deliver the services.
Uses of Surya Mitra App
• This innovative mobile approach shall enhance the employment of trained youth in solar PV technology.
• It also improve the businesses of solar entrepreneurs because of quality servicing, maintenance and repairing professionals are now available to customers at the click of a button on their mobiles.
• The App can be utilized to maintain off grid Solar PV system to keep it in good condition.
• It would come handy with respect to O & M, Repair and maintenance of solar pumps.
• It will be very useful to maintain the existing solar water heater systems that are already installed in various states and to install new systems properly.
• It is skill development program of the Union Government to create skilled manpower in installation, commissioning, and Operation & Maintenance of solar power plants and equipment.
• The objective is to provide employability and entrepreneurship to rural and urban youth & women.
• MNRE set a target of 50000 Suryamitras of skilled manpower in solar energy sector in next 3 years.
• It is funded completely by Union Government and is a residential program that is implemented by NISE across India.
National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE)
• It is an autonomous institution of Ministry of New and Renewable (MNRE).
• It is the apex National R&D institution in the field Solar Energy.
• The institute is involved in demonstration, standardization, interactive research, training and testing of solar energy technologies and systems.