Srinivasan Swamy decorated with Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 by AAAI
Srinivasan K Swamy, popularly known as Sundar, was conferred with the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award by the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) on 29 July 2016.
The award was bestowed on him in Mumbai.
Srinivasan K Swamy
• He is a veteran of almost four decades in the advertising industry.
• He is the Chairman of RK Swamy Hansa, a marketing communications group.
• He has been the President of AAAI for three consecutive terms (2004 – 2007).
• He is also the Vice Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
• He is a Board Member of the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
• He was also president of the All India Management Association (AIMA) during 2008-09.
• He was the president of The Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry (2008-10), Madras Management Association (2001-02), and the Advertising Club, Madras (1988-89) as well.
AAAI’s Lifetime Award
• The AAAI’s Lifetime Award was instituted in 1988.
• It is the highest recognition bestowed on an individual in India for outstanding contribution to the advertising industry.
• So far, the award has been conferred on 23 other peoples.
Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI)
AAAI is the official, national organisation of advertising agencies, formed in 1945, to promote their interests. The Association promotes professionalism, through its founding principles, which uphold sound business practices between Advertisers and Advertising Agencies and the various media.
Currently, AAAI is truly representative, with a very large number of small, medium and large-sized agencies as its members, who together account for almost 80% of the advertising business placed in the country. It is thus recognised as the apex body of and the spokesperson for the Advertising industry at all forums – Advertisers and Media owners and their associations and Government.