WiFi launched by Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu the details where and when
Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 5 May 2016 dedicated to the nation a high speed Wi-Fi hotspot at the three Railway Stations. These stations are Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh, Kachiguda in Telangana and Raipur in Chhattisgarh.
The Wi-Fi facility for the visitors and rail users of these stations has been commissioned by RailTel in association with Google for providing high speed state of the art world class internet experience to the commuters.
Key highlights of Wi-Fi hotspots launched
• Kacheguda, Raipur and Vijayawada Railway Stations became Wi-Fi hot spot from 5 May 2016.
• RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. has been mandated by Ministry of Railways to provide Wi-Fi for use of passengers at A1, A and B category Railway stations.
• RailTel engaged with Google as the technology partner for setting up high speed Wi-Fi network initially in A1 and A category stations.
• RailTel will upgrade its backbone infrastructure to backhaul high speed connectivity of approximately 1Gbps per station.
• At Railway stations, RailTel will be providing power and fiber network infrastructure while Google will provide the Radio access Network.
• Wi-Fi services to passengers will be provided under Railwire the retail Broadband distribution model of RailTel.
• Designed to offer users the best Internet experience, Railwire Wi-Fi will be available to any user who has a working mobile connection on a smart phone.
• Users will be able to easily stream a high definition video and surf the web.