Kalikho Pul, former Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, left for his heavenly abode
Kalikho Pul, who briefly served as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister, died on 9 August 2016 in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. He was 47.
Pul allegedly committed suicide. He was found hanged from the ceiling fan in his bedroom at the Chief Minister’s official residence. However, the circumstances behind the death are still not clear.
About Kalikho Pul
• Kalikho Pul was the acting Chief Minister of the north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh for a brief time.
• He belonged to Kaman Mishmi ethnic group.
• From 2003 until 2007, he served as the State Finance Minister in the ministry of Chief Minister Gegong Apang.
• He broke away from Congress Party and became the acting Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh on 19 February 2016.
• His government was supported by Bharatiya Janata Party, until it was dismissed by a court order in July 2016. Congress resumed power when the assembly was convened.