Indian Boxing Council affiliated to Commonwealth Boxing Council
The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) was granted affiliation by the Commonwealth Boxing Council (CBC) on 2 June 2016. The affiliation was unanimously endorsed by CBC.
IBC is a licensing body for professional boxers in India which has Vijender Singh among others on its roster.
The IBC so far conducted two fight cards and will hold its biggest event on 16 July 2016 in which Vijender Singh competes for the WBO Asia title.
The CBC will formally register Raja as a Director in its Annual General Meeting scheduled in December 2016.
Indian Boxing Council (IBC)
•It is a National Boxing Governing body that sanctions professional boxing matches and awards national and subordinate championship titles.
• It is the first time in India where there is an opportunity for the Boxers to be professional.
• It also aims to promote and serve the sport of boxing, to implement fair, scientific and objective computerised systems.
• And also to establish uniform safety measures and uniform procedures for the protection of professional boxers as well as the conduct of championship match.
• The organization aspires to encourage and support amateur boxing as being a foundation for professional boxing.
• It also wants to showcase boxing as an activity that improves health, physical fitness, sportsmanship and also encourages a positive lifestyle for young people around the country.